Ahhhh! The Carnival Cheers package…I’ve never been a big drinker, but I have to say that having a drink package makes my cruise feel more all-inclusive, and I can enjoy what I want when I want. If you prefer to party, you should definitely consider getting a beverage package. You can sample colorfully named cocktails (such as the Twilight Zone), experience brain freeze from various cold drinks, or guzzle buckets of beer. But if you’re not paying attention, the cost of all these drinks can add up — unless you’ve prepaid your entire bar tab. With the Carnival Cheers package, you can do just that.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. Please check out my disclosure for more information.
CHEERS! is an all-inclusive beverage program that allows you to enjoy a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for a flat daily fee.
Buy in advance or on the Ship?
If you buy the package before your cruise, you can save a few dollars. For cruises five days and longer, including Europe and transatlantic cruises (to/from the US and Europe), pricing is $51.95 per person, per day plus 18% gratuity, and $54.95 per person, per day plus 18% gratuity for three and four-day cruises. Cheers can be purchased online or by calling the funshop. The deadline for online pre-purchase is 11:59 p.m. ET the night before the embarkation.
Suppose you wait until you’re on board to purchase. In that case, you’ll pay $56.95 per person, per day plus an 18% gratuity for cruises five days or longer, including eastbound transatlantic (from the United States to Europe); $59.95 per person, per day plus 18% gratuity for three and four-day cruises. For Europe and westbound transatlantic cruises, the daily rate is $51.95 plus an 18% gratuity (Europe to the US). You can get the package at any bar onboard.
What does the Carnival Cheers Package Include?
- All alcohol, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies, and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations – PYOB), wine, and champagne by the glass, with a menu price of $20.00 or less each serving.
- Sodas (including specialty sodas), non-alcoholic frozen cocktails (including smoothies), and juices.
- Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants, and coffee bars.
- Milkshakes, where available. (A spiked milkshake is even better!)
- Energy drinks.
- 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges.
- Bottled water in the dining rooms and specialty restaurants.
- Any spirit, cocktail, or wine by the glass that costs more than $20.00 per serving gets a 25% discount off the menu price.
- 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle.
- 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes.
What’s Not Included?
- Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses (be especially mindful of the Drink of the Day).
- Bottles of liquor.
- Beverages offered at the gangway.
- Beverages offered through room service and other in-stateroom beverage programs.
- Beverages purchased ashore at any port of call, including Half Moon Cay.
- Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes, and buckets.
- Beverages offered through enomatic (self-serve) wine machines.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice served in the Havana Bar.
- All other beverage-related programs (like Drinks on Us from the casino), including merchandise, cigars, and cigarettes.
- Food items.
You knew there’d be some. LOL
- You must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.
- Each adult assigned to the same cabin must purchase the program. Even if the other adult does not drink by choice or cannot drink due to medical reasons.
- CHEERS! is non-transferable.
- You must purchase the program for the entire cruise; this program is not offered on a per-day basis, meaning you can’t get it on Monday, not have it on Tuesday and then get it again on Wednesday. You gotta be committed!
- If you buy the program before the cruise, you can cancel it until 9:00 p.m. ET the night before the cruise. CHEERS! is otherwise non-refundable.
- You can only order one drink at a time; there is a 5-minute delay between orders, and sharing is not allowed. No double shots, as this is considered ordering two drinks simultaneously. Tsk tsk!
- You can purchase a round of drinks for yourself and your companions. Carnival will count one drink toward CHEERS! The rest will be charged to your Sail and Sign® account.
- You can have up to 15 alcoholic beverages in 24 hours (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m.). Carnival will not serve you any more alcoholic beverages after you have reached your limit. Sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages are unlimited and do not count toward the 15 alcoholic beverage limit.
- Cheers is only valid for onboard purchases. Carnival will charge your Sail & Sign account for drinks purchased on Half Moon Cay. However, for just $25, you can get a drink package for Half Moon Cay.
- When using CHEERS! within US waters, applicable state and local taxes will be charged to your account. The tax is calculated using the state’s tax structure, and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example, if the drink price is $5.00 and the tax is 10%, your Sail & Sign® card will be charged $ 0.50 for tax. This is true for all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call).
- Due to state legislation, CHEERS! cannot be purchased until the second day of the cruise (beginning at 6:00 a.m.) for cruises originating from Texas and New York home ports. Your Sail & Sign® card is charged in the usual manner for drinks purchased on the first day of the cruise. When purchased on the second day of the cruise, you are only charged for the days remaining (cruise duration minus one day).
- If you pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be active when you board the ship (except for ships traveling from Texas and New York, when Carnival will enable it at 6:00 a.m. on the second day of the cruise). Once onboard, go to any bar to get a cheers sticker for your Sail & Sign® card.
- CHEERS! is not offered on two-day cruises, charter cruises, and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay in The Bahamas.
Now, For the good stuff…
I brought back a few drink menus from my Carnival Horizon cruise in February 2022. These should give you a good idea of pricing so you’ll know what drinks are actually included and when you’ll have to spend more.
Hope you find this helpful. CHEERS!