New to cruising? Start Here.
If this is your first visit, you may want to subscribe to my newsletter.
The Mariner Society is a multi-tiered rewards club for prior Holland America passengers. Members earn “Cruise Day” credits based on the number of days they sail, with suite passengers receiving double points and one additional credit for every $300 spent onboard (limit one credit per day). In addition, all passengers are immediately enrolled in Holland America’s loyalty program and will begin receiving perks on their second trip with the company.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. Please check out my disclosure for more information.
Members receive an invitation to an exclusive Mariner Society embarkation event, a collectible gift, and a Mariner magazine subscription. In addition, members can earn additional perks: Lapel pins, various discounts on logo clothing, specialty dining charges, internet packages, Explorations Cafe purchases, wine packages, mini-bar purchases, and spa treatments. Free wine tastings, laundry, pressing, priority disembarkation, tendering, and check-in are also available perks.
Members of the Mariner Society enjoy special discounts on select Holland America sailings (usually 5 to 20% off) but compare the savings to the standard discount rates to find the best price. On select sailings, even Star Mariner members will receive a 50% discount on third and fourth passengers in the same stateroom, one of the program’s most robust features. On select voyages, 2- and 3-Star Mariner members receive a 50% discount, while 4- and 5-Star Mariner members receive complimentary third and fourth guests.
Mariner Society Levels and Benefits
- The perks of membership begin with the first sailing; membership benefits begin with the second sailing.
- Exclusive access to the embarkation lunch reception
- Brunch with a complimentary glass of sparkling champagne for the mariners
- Each voyage includes a collection gift (a collectible tile).
- Mariner magazine, in print or digital format, is available for free.
- Special offers for hosted sailings
- Discounts on a limited number of sailings
- Third and fourth people sharing a stateroom receive a 50% discount on some sailings.
- Available with 30 Cruise Day credits
- Get all of the Star benefits
- Photograph of the ship that has been graciously provided.
- Onboard purchases of logo gear will receive a 10% discount.
- Purchases made online are eligible for a 15% discount.
- You’ll receive a free annual cruise planner lapel button when you reach the next loyalty tier.
- Available with 75 Cruise Day credits
- Get all of the benefits of a 2-Star hotel.
- 25% off specialized dining surcharges, wine packages, Explorations Cafe beverage purchases, and mini-bar purchases
- 25% off BLEND winemaking events and individual wine bottles over $100 (where applicable).
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon offers discounted services.
- Get the first word on new itineraries.
- Available with 200 Cruise Day credits
- Receive all 3-Star perks
- Check-in, tendering, and disembarkation are all prioritized.
- Laundry and ironing services are provided free of charge.
- 50% off specialized dining surcharges, wine packages, Explorations Cafe beverage purchases, and mini-bar purchases
- Session of complimentary wine tasting
- 15% off trademark apparel purchased onboard and products purchased online; a complimentary one-year subscription to Travel & Leisure or Food & Wine magazines (one per household)
- Third and fourth passengers sharing a cabin receive a complimentary cruise price on some sailings.
- Available with 500 Cruise Day credits
- Receive all 4-Star perks
- Any internet bundle can be discounted by up to $30.
- Pinnacle Grill is giving away two free dinners.
- BLEND winemaking activities are now 50% discounted (where available)
- Per cruise, one complimentary day admission to the Greenhouse Spa & Salon Thermal Suite
Are you a Holland America Mariner Society member? What’s your level, and what perk do you enjoy or look forward to the most?